In our age where traditional media tools such as radio, television and newspapers are increasingly digitalized, digital technologies have enabled the formation of new media tools. The effectiveness of social media tools and digital broadcasting platforms, and the digitalization of marketing and commerce, increased the need for qualified workforce in these areas.
The New Media undergraduate program aims to train new media specialists who can use new media tools effectively, have qualified, impartial and fair communication principles, and can consciously adapt them to new media areas, and are equipped to produce audio-visual and written content suitable for internet technologies. Radio, television, magazine and media agency belonging to the Birinci Media Institution provides a wide range of application and experience to the students of the New Media department.
Students of the New Media department will be able to master the technical and aesthetic language of digital media environments with theoretical and practical courses they take in areas such as internet journalism, social media management, internet marketing, digital design, digital content production, and multimedia systems development. In addition, they learn to analyze these environments with a critical perspective. Students who graduate from this department can work in media organizations, advertising agencies, different sectors using the internet and mobile networks, and in areas such as internet publishing, digital marketing, social media expertise, multimedia design.
- The New Media Department is a 4-year department, and the language of instruction is Turkish and English.
- It is a department that all high school graduates can choose.
- Experts will be trained to use new media tools effectively and to develop and manage content and communication on cyberspace. In this age, which is described as the Age of Communication, Information and Media, we aim to provide graduates with the knowledge, competence and ethical responsibilities that this world requires.
JOB OPPORTUNITIES FOR NEW MEDIA DEPARTMENT GRADUATES
- Graduates of the New Media Department can work in institutions and organizations such as digital agencies that benefit from internet and mobile networks in various ways.
- These duties are: New Media reporter, editor or producer in a newspaper, radio or TV institution that carries its broadcasting activities to the Internet and mobile environment,
- Communication management that will ensure effective communication of public or private institutions and organizations with their target audiences in social media,
- Internet and mobile business management, internet and mobile marketing manager or entrepreneurship, which provides efficiency and competition by moving the business processes of individuals, institutions and organizations to the Internet and mobile environment,
- New Media researcher who researches and reports the individual, social, economic, cultural, political, legal and ethical effects of New Media for academic or commercial organizations.
WHY CHOOSE ONBEŞ KASIM KIBRIS UNIVERSITY NEW MEDIA DEPARTMENT?
- To train qualified personnel for one of the most important sectors of our time,
- Diversification of job opportunities after graduation with the bond established in the applied workplace process,
- With the advanced physical and technological infrastructure of the department, the creation of many research and development working opportunities
- Providing an education intertwined with nature as well as various student clubs with advanced social, sports and cultural activities.
- Having a Faculty of Communication with a 24-hour television broadcasting organization (Kıbrıs Genç TV).